Random Video of Whenever I Feel Like Updating

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dead Space 2 + Steam Beta

For the past few weeks or so I've been playing Dead Space 2. Amazing sequel, so much better than the original in every way. I always found it interesting how it sort of felt like a more grimdark Metroid without the backtracking. I love sci-fi games like this. I also found it pretty odd how they made Isaac Clarke talk in this game and have an actual personality of his own. I was afraid at first but Visceral pulled it off very nicely. Thank the makers they didn't have Isaac as another generic "speehs mahreen" who cusses every time he opens his mouth with guns blazing. At least his switch to voice acting went much smoother did Samus Aran's did in Metroid: Other M. Ugh, as OK as that game was, her voice-acting, choice of dialogue and just overall personality just does not match the Samus I grew up with.

MEANWHILE...

I've been trying out the new beta for Steam. The most important new thing is that you can now take pictures by hitting F12. Now you longer have to rely on using Fraps to take snapshots in non-Steam games. I went ahead and added Dead Space 2 to my game library (I didn't actually buy the game from Steam) and tested it out. It's a pretty nifty feature.






Derp.

No comments:

Post a Comment